Wednesday, November 21, 2012

HTML5 Drag and Drop example tested in Chrome,IE(7-9),FF

I was looking for HTML5 drag and drop example on google so i came across w3schools example and the code worked fine on their own online editor. Then i copied the same code inside an html file that i created locally on my system. After running local html file inside different browsers the script went against my expectations and refused to work inside IE.

I went back to w3schools editor with the working code and checked if any extra javascript code was included but found nothing additional there.

I was a bit disappointed and returned back to my local script. I had no option but to find the solutions for IE errors. When i googled the errors, it occured the methods used inside javascript code were not available inside IE. Anyway i debugged the code and fixed all the IE specific errors which took exceptional time. Thanks to IE developer tool that helped me a lot and thanks to w3schools example who led me to the errors.

After wasting lot of time in fixing w3schools example i thought why not i put it on my blog so that someone else's time would not be wasted. Hope this helps.

Below link has the example script.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/89s89xrh6cw12pt/index.html





No comments:

Post a Comment